Unfortunately my concerns were warranted about the push to repurpose approved drugs for COVID-19. A couple in Arizona decided to take chloroquine phosphate to prevent coronavirus infection and unfortunately the husband died from poisoning. He ingested the chemical itself, used to clean fish tanks(!), and not the formulated drug; however the same toxicity that killed the man and sickened his wife would be observed from an overdose of the drug. Many experts have also called into question the study from France that touted the “efficacy” of this drug to treat corona virus infection. Thus, there is no reason to expect that this drug could cure or prevent corona virus infection. Bottom line; don’t take any drug unless it is prescribed by your physician!
2 thoughts on “Chloroquine continued….”
Common sense is not so common. Tragic.