Nindy has ended her formal period of mourning after Biscuit’s death, and she’s decided to look forward to the future and to better days. As part of this, Nindy decided to put together a list of holiday gifts that she would offer individuals and organizations to improve everyone’s life.
1. To Zoom: More festive backgrounds for virtual holiday get togethers.
2. To California: More affordable housing for health care workers, which might provide long term help with your current shortage.
3. To schoolchildren: COVID-19 vaccine for all your teachers so you can return to classes and show off your presents to your classmates!
4. To England: Better public health professionals who don’t close down your country’s borders based on panic rather than pandemic!
5. To Dr. Fauci: Baseball pitching lessons for both Christmas and your 80th birthday (born on Christmas Eve)!
6. To AstraZeneca: Pfizer’s clinical development team to fix your COVID-19 vaccine program.
7. To China: A WHO monitoring program to screen your population for new viral outbreaks.
8. To the WHO: Funding from countries other than China so you can run better disease monitoring throughout the world.
9. To Dr. Birx: A better realtor so you don’t have to take your entire family out to your summer home over Thanksgiving to prepare it for sale!
10. To everyone: The vaccine even sooner than you expect it so next Christmas is normal!
Pandemic Pondering will take a couple of days off at Christmas, although I will continue to monitor events and post a blog as necessary